Services at St John’s
8.00am BCP Holy Communion (Every Sunday)
This quiet morning Service follows the 1662 Book of Common Prayer and lasts around half an hour.
9.30am Main Morning Service
Week 1: All Age Eucharist On the first Sunday of each month our main Parish Eucharist Service has a more all-age flavour and is sometimes a Parade Service with local uniformed organisations. There is no Junior Church at this Service which lasts around an hour and is followed by coffee.
Weeks 2,3,4,5: Parish Eucharist Our main Sunday Service with hymns and a sermon. Junior Church (groups for children and young adults) meets during this Service which lasts around an hour and is followed by coffee.
Weeks 1&3: 11.30am Holy Baptism Baptisms are conducted on request. For further details please contact the Vicar on 243258.
6.30pm Evening Services
Week1: BCP Holy Communion with hymns and sermon This Communion service follows the 1662 Book of Common Prayer with hymns and a sermon. It lasts just under an hour.
Week 2: Choral Evensong Our choir plays a central role in this traditional, fully choral, evening Service with hymns and a sermon. Evensong lasts about an hour
Week 3: Taize Service An informal, reflective Service during which time and space are created through chant and silence to enter into the Divine presence. It lasts around 45minutes.
Week 4: Evensong and Benediction (at St Francis, Hammerfield) Traditional congregational Evensong with Sermon and Anthem from the choir, followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. The Service lasts about an hour.
Week 5: As announced
Morning and Evening Prayer
- 8.45am Morning Prayer (Daily – except Sundays)
- 9.30am Morning Worship (Thursday at St Stephen’s, Chaulden)
- 5.00pm Evening Prayer (Monday – Friday. Wednesday 5.00pm at St Francis, Hammerfield, otherwise at St John’s)
These Services take place in the Memorial Chapel and are open to all. They include readings of scripture and a time for quiet prayer. As well as international, national, local, and parish issues, we remember in a monthly cycle the residents of all streets in the parish, and all individual members of the Electoral Roll.
Other Weekday Services
- Monday 7.30pm Holy Communion – Alternate weeks. This quiet, half hour Service uses Common Worship and takes place in the Lady Chapel.
- Tuesday 10.30am Tiny Tots A service with action songs for Pre-Schoolers during term time.
- Wednesday 10.30am BCP Holy Communion This quiet morning service follows the 1662 Book of Common Prayer and lasts around half an hour. It is followed by coffee.
Prayers for Healing
This Service alternates between the 4th Monday Evening (7.30pm during Holy Communion) and the 4th Wednesday Morning (10.00am Service of Prayer for Healing prior to the Holy Communion Service) of neighbouring months and is held in the Lady Chapel. It provides a quiet time to pray for those in need as well as ourselves. The opportunity for laying on of hands and a prayer of blessing is given during the service. For further details please contact the Vicar on 243258.
Services at St Francis
- 10.00am Sung Mass (Every Sunday) Traditional language Mass with incense, followed by coffee.
- 6.30pm Evensong and Benediction (4th Sunday of the Month)
- 5.30pm BCP Evening Prayer (Every Wednesday)
- 8.00pm Feast Day Mass (as announced on Newsletter)
Services at St Stephen’s
- Weeks 1&3: 11.15am Morning Worship A service of the Word with Hymns and Address, followed by coffee
- Weeks 2&4: 11.15am Holy Communion Common Worship Holy Communion with Hymns and Address, followed by coffee
- Thursday 9.30am Holy Communion This quiet, half hour Service uses Common Worship and ensures a weekly Eucharistic celebration in this part of the Parish.