All services are back on as usual every week with social distancing guidelines in place. If you still wish to worship at home, you can using our online resources.
Services at St John’s
8.00am BCP Holy Communion
This quiet morning Service follows the 1662 Book of Common Prayer and lasts around half an hour.
10.00am Parish Eucharist
A Service of Holy Communion, according to Common Worship, with hymns and a sermon. At present recorded music is replacing live music due to restrictions. The service lasts around an hour.
There is no Junior Church either at the moment nor are we able to offer refreshments after the service.
Holy Baptisms (Weeks 1 & 3: 12.00noon)
Baptisms are conducted on request. For further details please contact the Vicar on 243258.
6.30pm Evening Services
Evening services as announced. Check out the latest newsletter to find out more.
Morning and Evening Prayer
- 9.00am Morning Prayer (Monday – Friday)
- 5.00pm Evening Prayer (Monday – Friday. Wednesday 5.00pm at St Francis’, Hammerfield, otherwise at St John’s)
These Services currently take place in the South Aisle and are open to all. They include readings of scripture and a time for quiet prayer. As well as international, national, local, and parish issues, we remember in a monthly cycle the residents of all streets in the parish, and all individual members of the Electoral Roll.
Other Weekday Services
- Tuesday 09.30 – 11am Tiny Tots Stay & play for pre-school children 0-4years.
- Wednesday 10.00am BCP Holy Communion This quiet morning service follows the 1662 Book of Common Prayer and lasts around half an hour. It is followed by coffee.
Sadly we are not able to offer at the moment our regular services of Prayers for Healing. We will continue to pray for all who request pray, and indeed the entire life of the Parish and wider community, at the Daily Office and Parish Eucharist.
For further details please contact the Vicar on 243258.
Services at St Francis
- 10.00am Sung Mass (Every Sunday) Traditional language Mass with incense, and recorded music.
Clergy availability allowing the Mass will be offered. However, BCP Matins may well be offered instead where a priest is not available.
- 5.00pm BCP Evening Prayer (Every Wednesday)
- 8.00pm Feast Day Mass (as announced on Newsletter)
Services at St Stephen’s
- 11.30am Morning Service (Weeks 1, 3 & 4)
- 11.30am Holy Communion (Week 2)